Monday, April 29, 2013

Oops.

Saturday, for lunch, we were in a hurry to get everyone fed before we left for a wedding a couple hours away.  I put all of the ingredients for the blend in the blender, pushed the button, and walked away.  (Milk, rice cake, sunflower seed butter, bell pepper, and a plum.  In case you were wondering).
My husband took over when it was done, putting it into two bottles-one for lunch, and one to take to church for lunch on Sunday.  As he's scraping it out of the blender, he pulls something out, and asks, 'what did you put in there that had plastic on it?'
I was wracking my brain trying to figure it out.  The rice cakes come in a plastic bag, but I knew that wasn't it.  Nothing else had plastic.  After he finally dug all of it out, and pieced it together a bit, we were able to solve the mystery.  I decided to share it here, as a lesson in blending for everyone else.

ALWAYS, always, remove stickers from produce BEFORE blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment