Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The little Extras.

I don't know if everyone does this or not, but when I blend, my beauty gets the extras.  For example, the other night, we had chicken alfredo (the sauce i made has TONS of calories if you're in need of that), with a salad.  Beauty got the pasta, chicken, and alfredo sauce, spinach, carrots, celery, croutons, craisins, and then I put in some salad dressing.
This was definitely not a  meal where I was looking to give her any extra calories.  However, if she were eating by mouth, I would give her all of the veggies, and then put the dressing on the side for her to dip things in.  And, like most toddlers, she would likely devour it.  So she gets it in her blend.
If we eat pancakes, waffles, or french toast, she gets butter and syrup.  Biscuits get butter.  Tacos get sour cream, as does chili.  We also like our chili piled on top of corn chips.  Beauty's chili gets corn chips with it.  I try hard to give her what she would likely be getting, if she were to eat by mouth.  Even down to my oldest daughter, and husband's favorite banana chocolate chip muffins.
I have yet to blend anything like a cupcake or cookie to give to her.  If she isn't eating by her second birthday, we'll see what I decide to do for her party.
Overall, we eat really healthy.  Most of the extras she gets are good fats.  We want her tube to be her mouth, and so we do our best to give her the things she would be eating.

What are some extras you add to blends?

No comments:

Post a Comment